In this week’s episode, Anna catches up with Prabal Banerjee, co-founder of Avail. They deep dive into Prabal’s career, starting with his work in academia, his move to Polygon and to his spinning out the Avail project. They discuss how the project was built, tech decisions and the motivations behind them as well as their use of KZG, validity proofs and their position within the Ethereum and wider blockchain ecosystem. They go on to revisit Data Availability and the interaction with different parts of the modular blockchain stack, comparing Avail to competing systems and cover edge-cases and their impact in a DA-secured stack.
Here’s some additional links for this episode:
- Fraud and Data Availability Proofs: Maximising Light Client Security and Scaling Blockchains with Dishonest Majorities by Al-Bassam, Sonnino and Buterin
- Episode 208: Digging into Data Availability with Ismail Khoffi from Celestia
- Episode 268: A Rollup-Centric Future & Sovereign Chains with Mustafa Al-Bassam
- Episode 301: EigenLayer @ Devconnect
- Episode 217: Information Theory & Blockchain with Sreeram Kannan
- Substrate Website
- Starknet Website
- SubWallet Website
- Solana Website
Applications to attend and speak at zkSummit11 are now open, head over to the zkSummit website to apply now. The event will be held on 10 April in Athens, Greece.
Aleo is a new Layer-1 blockchain that achieves the programmability of Ethereum, the privacy of Zcash, and the scalability of a rollup.
As Aleo is gearing up for their mainnet launch in Q1, this is an invitation to be part of a transformational ZK journey.
Dive deeper and discover more about Aleo at http://aleo.org/
If you like what we do: