In this week’s episode Anna Rose interviews Mustafa Al-Bassam, co-founder of Celestia. They cover where Celestia as an idea emerged from, how its rollup-centric data availability (DA) network works and what can be expected from their upcoming launch. They also chat about how Celestia aims to empower Sovereign chains – independent rollup chains that use Celestia as the DA and consensus layer – and how this Sovereign chain model compares with the Ethereum rollup architecture.
Here are some additional links for this episode:
- Episode 208: Digging into Data Availability with Ismail Khoffi from Celestia
- A rollup-centric ethereum roadmap
- Introducing Rollkit: a modular rollup framework
- My first impressions of web3
- Practical Byzantine Fault Tolerance
Check out the ZK Jobs Board here: ZK Jobs.
Aleo is a new Layer-1 blockchain that achieves the programmability of Ethereum, the privacy of Zcash, and the scalability of a rollup.
Interested in building private applications? Check out Aleo’s programming language called Leo by visiting http://developer.aleo.org.
You can also participate in Aleo’s incentivized testnet3 by downloading and running a snarkOS node. No sign-up is necessary to participate.
For questions, join their Discord at aleo.org/discord.
If you like what we do:
- Find all our links here! @ZeroKnowledge | Linktree
- Subscribe to our podcast newsletter
- Follow us on Twitter @zeroknowledgefm
- Join us on Telegram
- Catch us on YouTube