This week Anna chats with Ismail Khoffi from Celestia about how and why they’re focusing on building a data availability-first L1 blockchain. Ismail takes us through how data availability can be a problem, primarily with light clients and breaks down the components necessary to understanding the data availability problem such as state changes, the separation of consensus from execution and how Celestia aims to be a pluggable consensus layer.
Here are some links for the episode:
- Episode 151: John Adler on Optimistic vs ZK Rollup and the data availability problem
- Episode 207: Journey Through the Cosmos Ecosystem with Billy Rennekamp
- Celestia on Twitter
- Celestia’s website
- Lazy Ledger is now Celestia
- ZK Podcast Blog: Data Availability & Scaling Blockchains
- Paper: LazyLedger: A Distributed Data Availability Ledger With Client-Side Smart Contracts by Mustafa Al-Bassam
- Paper: Fraud and Data Availability Proofs: Maximising Light Client Security and Scaling Blockchains with Dishonest Majorities by Mustafa Al-Bassam, Alberto Sonnino, Vitalik Buterin
If you’re working on an open source ZK-focused tech or tools, including learning material or documentation then check out the next Gitcoin Matching beginning December 1st. This will be a ZK-focused side round, funded by the ZK Validator and some great teams in the ZK ecosystem. Read more about how to submit your project here:
Also, join us at the ZK Hack Party + Jobs Fair, Thursday December 2nd Register Here
Today’s episode is sponsored by Aztec.
Aztec aims to be the privacy layer for Ethereum. They believe that unlocking programmable privacy is the next frontier for blockchains. Aztec is the first zero knowledge rollup built from the ground up for anonymous payments and DeFi transactions.
And catch their ZK Hack workshop HERE
Try our Aztec to send funds privately on zk.money.
If you like what we do:
Follow us on Twitter – @zeroknowledgefm
Join us on Telegram
Catch us on Youtube
Read up on the r/ZKPodcast subreddit
Give us feedback! –https://forms.gle/iKMSrVtcAn6BByH6A
Support our Gitcoin Grant
Support us on the ZKPatreon
Donate through coinbase.commerce