In this week’s episode, Anna and Tarun revisit the topic of MEV with Chris Hager from Flashbots & Alex Stokes from the Ethereum Foundation. In this episode, they tease out more of the nuances around MEV and how the field around it has evolved in the last year or so. The team explores what the MEV space could look like after the Merge, the PBS (Proposer Builder Separation) concept, what each role in the MEV landscape will do and the MEV-Boost architecture. They also chat about using cryptographic solutions to prevent some kinds of MEV and some recent work that Tarun released on the topic of MEV, as well as future ideas around MEV aim to democratize or even share the searchers rewards.
Here are some links for this episode:
- Episode 168: Flashbots with Phil Daian and Stephane Gosselin
- Episode 188: Analyzing Osmosis & Preventing MEV with Sunny and Dev
- Episode 216: A Dip into the Mempool & MEV with Project Blanc
- Alex Stokes Blog
- Flashbots MEV Research
- Flashbots Github
- Flashbots Discord
- Flashbots Docs: New to MEV?
- Flashbots Docs
- Tarun’s recent work on MEV: Improving Proof of Stake Economic Security via MEV Redistribution
- Here is more of Tarun’s recent work: Towards a Theory of Maximal Extractable Value I: Constant Function Market Makers
- The Downside of Sanctioning Tornado Cash
ZK Whiteboard Sessions – as part of ZK Hack and powered by Polygon – a new series of educational videos that will help you get onboarded into the concepts and terms that we talk about on the ZK front.
ZK Jobs Board – if you are looking to find a new job, or if you are a team hiring, we have a fresh batch of open roles at ZK focused projects. This is a great place to learn about relevant projects and the types of roles they are looking for.
Today’s episode is sponsored by Polygon.
Introducing Polygon zkEVM. Polygon’s vision for zkEVM is simple: developers can deploy any Ethereum smart contract to a Layer 2 and benefit from the scaling power of ZK proofs.
Public testnet is coming soon! If you’d like to learn more about Polygon zkEVM and stay updated on the latest – fill out the form here.
If you like what we do: