In this episode, we are joined by Tomasz Drwięga, a Core Developer at Parity Technologies, to discuss the lifecycle of a transaction on the Ethereum network and how the mempool works.
We will be covering the following topics:
- What a mempool/transaction queue/transaction pool is.
- How a transaction reaches a mempool and what the mempool does with it.
- Looking at what causes the CPU increase and delays in the network.
- What happens when a transaction gets stuck.
- The security properties of the mempool.
- What a network attack could look like.
Here are some additional links and ressources if you want to dig deeper.