This week, Anna and Guillermo chat with David Wong, author of the Real-World Cryptography book, and a cofounder [zksecurity.xyz]((https://www.zksecurity.xyz/) – an auditing firm focused on Zero Knowledge technology.
They chat about what first got him interested in cryptography, his early work as a security consultant, his work on the Facebook crypto project and the Mina project, zksecurity.xyz, auditing techniques and their efficacy in a ZK context, what common bugs are found in ZK code, and much more.
Here’s some additional links for this episode:
- Crypto is not cryptocurrency
- NCC Group
- OCaml website
- Real-World Cryptography book
- Mina Protocol
- The Frozen Heart vulnerability in PlonK | Trail of Bits Blog
- ZK Podcast Episode 284: Using Formal Verification on ZK Systems with Jon Stephens
- zkSecurity Website
- ZK Podcast Episode 257: Proof of Solvency with Kostas Chalkias – ZK Podcast
- ZK Podcast Episode 210: The Road to STARKs and Miden with Bobbin Threadbare – ZK Podcast
- ZK Podcast Episode 76: Sean Bowe on SNARKs, Trusted Setups & Elliptic Curve Cryptography – ZK Podcast
Aleo is a new Layer-1 blockchain that achieves the programmability of Ethereum, the privacy of Zcash, and the scalability of a rollup.
For questions, join their Discord at aleo.org/discord.
If you like what we do: