In this week’s episode, Anna Rose and Kobi Gurkan chat with Carl and Trent from the Ethereum Foundation, covering many topics such as their work on the KZG Ceremony and how this is different from the previous trusted setups we have covered. The group takes a deep dive into trusted setups, discussing what they are for, how they have been run and how the setup is going so far. They also discuss Proto-Danksharding and EIP-4844 – a novel way to organize data logistics for Ethereum.
Here are some additional links for this episode:
- KZG Ceremony
- Episode 76: Sean Bowe on SNARKs, Trusted Setups & Elliptic Curve Cryptography
- Episode 133: Trusted Setup Ceremonies Explored
- Episode 137: Trusted Setup Bonus: Tornado Cash
- Proto-Danksharding EIP-4844
- Powers-of-Tau to the People: Decentralizing Setup Ceremonies by Nikolaenko, Ragsdale, Bonneau, Dan Boneh, 2022
Apply for zkSummit9 here: zkSummit9 Ticket Application.
Aztec is now hiring engineers and cryptographers to build an execution layer enabling scale and privacy for crypto applications.
Join the team making encrypted Ethereum a reality. Learn more by visiting: aztec.network/careers
Namada is a proof-of-stake L1 for interchain asset-agnostic privacy. Namada natively interoperates with fast-finality chains via IBC and with Ethereum via a trustless two-way bridge.
If you like what we do: