In this week’s episode, Anna and Josh Cincinnati chat with Matt Green, a cryptographer and professor at Johns Hopkins University. They explore Matt’s background in security, blockchain and privacy technologies. He shares his thoughts on early ZK blockchain research, the founding of Zcash, growth in the ZK space, how the industry is ready for tangible use-cases and navigating anonymity and regulatory bodies. This episode closes with a review of Matt’s perspective on the Tornado Cash sanctions and what this means for the space.
Here are some additional links for this episode:
- Radiant Commons Website
- Sealance Website
- Zerocash: Decentralized Anonymous Payments from Bitcoin by Ben-Sasson, Chiesa, Garman, Green, Miers, Tromer, and Virza, 2014
- An approximate introduction to how zk-SNARKs are possible by Vitalik Buterin
- Episode 245: Sanctions against Tornado Cash: a Legal Perspective
- Join the ZK HACK III – kick off event here
- Join the ZK HACK Discord
This week’s episode is sponsored by Aave.
Aave Grants is a community-led grants program, focused on growing a thriving ecosystem of contributors within Aave by funding ideas, projects and events that benefit the protocol or surrounding ecosystem.
Aave’s latest deployment, V3, was launched on 6 networks and introduces new features like Isolation Mode, Efficiency Mode and Portals. A decentralized, collateral-backed stablecoin native to Aave called GHO has also been announced. Look out for more details on the testnet and release coming soon.
Explore the protocol at Aave.com and if you’re building in the ecosystem, apply for a grant through aavegrants.org.
If you like what we do:
- Find all our links here! @ZeroKnowledge | Linktree
- Subscribe to our podcast newsletter
- Follow us on Twitter @zeroknowledgefm
- Join us on Telegram
- Catch us on Youtube
- Head to the ZK Community Forum
- Support our Gitcoin Grant