This week, Anna and Tarun chat with Florian Tramèr, Assistant Professor at ETH Zurich. They discuss his earlier work on side channel attacks on privacy blockchains, as well as his academic focus on Machine Learning (ML) and adversarial research. They define some key ML terms, tease out some of the nuances of ML training and models, chat zkML and other privacy environments where ML can be trained, and look at why the security around ML will be important as these models become increasingly used in production.
Here are some additional links for this episode:
- Episode 228: Catch-up at DevConnect AMS with Tarun, Guillermo and Brendan
- Florian Tramèr’s Github
- Florian Tramèr’s Publications & Papers
- ETH Zurich
- Single Secret Leader Election by Dan Boneh, Saba Eskandarian, Lucjan Hanzlik, and Nicola Greco
- GasToken: A Journey Through Blockchain Resource Arbitrage by Tramèr, Daian, Breidenbach and Juels
- Enter the Hydra: Towards Principled Bug Bounties and Exploit-Resistant Smart Contracts by Tramèr, Daian, Breidenbach and Juels
- Ronin Bridge Hack – Community Alert: Ronin Validators Compromised
- InstaHide: Instance-hiding Schemes for Private Distributed Learning, Huang et al. 2020.
- Is Private Learning Possible with Instance Encoding?
- OpenAI’s GPT-3 model
- OpenAI’s GPT-2 model
- OpenAI’s GPT-2 model
- The Part-Time Parliament, Lamport, 1998.
- You Autocomplete Me: Poisoning Vulnerabilities in Neural Code Completion
ZK Whiteboard Sessions – as part of ZK Hack and powered by Polygon – a new series of educational videos that will help you get onboarded into the concepts and terms that we talk about on the ZK front.
ZK Jobs Board – has a fresh batch of open roles from ZK-focused projects. Find your next opportunity working in ZK!
Today’s episode is sponsored by Mina Protocol.
With Mina’s zero knowledge smart contracts – or zkApps – developers can create apps that offer privacy, security, and verifiability for your users.
Head to minaprotocol.com/zkpodcast to learn about their developer bootcamps and open grants.
If you like what we do:
- Find all our links here! @ZeroKnowledge | Linktree
- Subscribe to our podcast newsletter
- Follow us on Twitter @zeroknowledgefm
- Join us on Telegram
- Catch us on Youtube
- Head to the ZK Community Forum
- Support our Gitcoin Grant