In this episode, Anna and Guillermo chat with David Tse about his career and research spanning from early Networking, Mobile Networking, P2P, all the way up to his work on formalizing Blockchain systems.
Along the way, they touch on topics like ‘The Price of Anarchy’, David’s Prism work, his work with the Ethereum Foundation and his new project Babylon.
Here are some links for this episode:
- Episode 217: Information Theory & Blockchain with Sreeram Kannan
- The Price of Anarchy
- Bram Cohen’s Twitter
- Everything is a Race and Nakamoto Always Wins
- Three Attacks on Proof of Stake Ethereum
- Ebb-and-Flow Protocols: A Resolution of the Availability-Finality Dilemma
- More of David Tse’s Papers
- A Mathematical Theory of Communication – C. E. Shannon 1948
- Hidden Hamiltonian Cycle Recovery via Linear Programming
- Concentration Inequalities and Model Selection – P. Massart
- John Tsitsiklis Bio
- Fundamentals of Wireless Communication – David Tse 2005
- Qualcomm Website
- Cosmoverse Event Link
- Devcon Event Link
- Episode 127: Consensus Algorithms & HotStuff with Ittai Abraham
ZK Whiteboard Sessions – as part of ZK Hack and powered by Polygon – a new series of educational videos that will help you get onboarded into the concepts and terms that we talk about on the ZK front.
ZK Jobs Board – if you are looking to find a new job, or if you are a team hiring, we have a fresh batch of open roles at ZK focused projects. This is a great place to learn about relevant projects and the types of roles they are looking for.
Today’s episode is sponsored by Aleo.
Aleo is a new Layer-1 blockchain that achieves the programmability of Ethereum, the privacy of Zcash, and the scalability of a rollup.
If you’re interested in building private applications then check out Aleo’s programming language called Leo. Leo enables non-cryptographers to harness the power of ZKPs. Visit leo-lang.org to start building.
You can also join Aleo’s incentivized testnet3 by downloading and running a snarkOS node. No sign-up is necessary to participate.For questions, join their Discord.
If you like what we do: