In this week’s episode, Anna dives back into the Polkadot world with friend and occasional co-host Rob Habermeier from Parity. They cover XCM – the Cross-Consensus Messaging format – and how XCM allows parachains to speak to one another, passing messages through the validators on the relay chain via XCMP Cross-Chain Message Passing.
Here are some links for this episode:
- @paritytech | Github
- @Polkadot | Twitter
- @rphmeier | Twitter
- @paritytech/polkadot | Github
- Ep 83: From Warp Sync to SPREE with Polkadot’s Rob Habermeier | ZK Podcast
- Ep 15: Chatting about consensus algorithms with Robert Habermeier | ZK Podcast
- @paritytech/xcm-format | Github
- Kusama, Polkadot’s Canary Network | kusama.network
- Sub0 Online: Getting Started with XCM – Your First Cross Chain Messages
- Pallets | docs.substrate.io
- Statemine | parachains.info
- Polkadot Bridges Connecting The Polkadot Ecosystem With External Networks | polkadot.network
- Learn Spree | wiki.polkadot.network
- Cloaking Device | memory-alpha.fandom.com
If you are looking to jump into ZK professionally, check out the ZK Jobs Board to find openings from some of the top teams working in ZK – like Aleo, Anoma and Mina. If you’re looking to hire, be sure to add your jobs as well! More at ZK Jobs Board
ZKValidator is looking for a Junior Researcher who is interested in exploring and writing about Zero Knowledge and other emerging fields of cryptography, Proof-of-Stake, Bridges, Rollups, MEV, and other cutting edge meta blockchain topics. If this sounds like you, check out the add here and get in touch!
Today’s episode is sponsored by Polygon Miden.
Polygon Miden is layer 2 scaling solution for Ethereum. Miden relies on ZK-STARKs to roll-up thousands of layer 2 transactions into a single Ethereum transaction, increasing throughput and reducing fees.
At the heart of Polygon Miden is Miden VM, a Turing-complete STARK-based virtual machine which provides a level of safety and support of advanced features currently not available on Ethereum.
Visit polygon.technology to learn more about Polygon Miden and other Polygon solutions.