This week, Anna and James host Ed Felten and Steven Goldfeder, co-founders of Arbitrum, an Optimistic Rollup project born before the term “Optimistic Rollup” was even coined.
Ed and Steven tell Arbitrum’s story, from its beginnings as a chain-agnostic university project in 2014 to become an Ethereum-based Optimistic L2 Rollup solution based on fraud proofs. They cover Arbitrum’s interactive fraud proofs, how they differ from other solutions like Optimism, and how Arbitrum and the Optimistic Rollup helps Ethereum scale.
Here are some links for this episode:
- Inside Arbitrum, an accessible general explainer about what is the Arbitrum rollup
- Unwrapping Optimism with Ben and Mark, Zero Knowledge episode 177, the latest of our impromptu Ethereum L2 series.
- Zk-zk-rollup & zk.money with Zac and Joe from Aztec, Zero Knowledge episode 176
- zkEVM & zkPorter with Matter Labs, Zero Knowledge episode 175
- John Adler on Optimistic vs ZK Rollup and the data availability problem, Zero Knowledge episode 151
- Why Sequencers are the Future – Mark Tyneway (Optimism), zkSessions from March 2021
If you're looking to work in blockchain and the zk space, check out the ZK Jobs board! You'll find great opportunities to work at the forefront of blockchain tech, divided into business, engineering and cryptography positions.
Also, we are hosting the second ZK Jobs Fair on May 19, right after our zkSessions on zk languages. Register for free here on Hopin: https://hopin.com/events/zksessions-the-zk-languages-showdown
Thanks to this episode’s sponsor, Aave
Aave is an open source, decentralised non-custodial liquidity protocol on Ethereum.
With Aave, users can participate as depositors meaning they provide liquidity to earn a passive income. or they can also act as borrowers to borrow in an overcollateralized way or undercollateralized way (think: one-block liquidity Flash Loan).
Aave recently deployed a new market on Polygon’s sidechain to let users pay much lower gas fees. Assets can be transferred from Ethereum with the Polygon Bridge and put to use on Aave’s Polygon markets.
Learn more about it here.
So thanks again, Aave!
If you like what we do:
Follow us on Twitter – @zeroknowledgefm
Join us on Telegram
Catch us on Youtube
Read up on the r/ZKPodcast subreddit
Give us feedback! –https://forms.gle/iKMSrVtcAn6BByH6A
Support our Gitcoin Grant
Support us on the ZKPatreon
Donate through coinbase.commerce
Or directly here: